Are you not-so-hot for encaustic but love the aesthetics you can achieve with it?
Ditch the heat and fumes and accomplish the same results with acrylic paint! Join Sandra Duran Wilson and Kristy Conlin as they teach you how to use get the satiny sheen, rich, deep luminosity and mysterious veiling of encaustic without the encaustic paint and special tools.
You will love this video workshop if:
- You don’t like working with encaustic because of the heat and fumes
- You love working with acrylic paint
- You are a mixed-media artist wanting to learn new techniques and methods to incorporate into your art
In Acrylic Mediums, Encaustic Effects you will find:
- A review of supports, tools and materials, and a discussion of transparency, opacity, sheen, and viscosity
- A variety of application techniques, transfers, working with skins and decals, embossing, embedding, sealing and more
- 99 minutes of thorough and detailed expert instruction
About the Author
Sandra Duran Wilson is influenced by scientific concepts, the dream state and the nature of materials. She loves to experiment and push the limits of paints, mediums and surfaces. Sandra has always been an inventor of new ways to use existing tools and materials. She loves to paint ideas, to make them visible, beautiful and abstract so others may enter them and create their own reality. She lives and creates in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with Mark, her husband and collaborator, and a bevy of feline friends.