Many of our videos are now in 3 Formats
Three Ways to View
- DVD (D) - Physical DVD to be played in desktop player attached to your TV or in a laptop/computer with disc drive
- Video Download (VDL) - Video Download (MP4 file) you save to your computer for viewing and access (Not for iPads/Tablets/Smartphones).
- Streaming (STR) - Access through the cloud and can be viewed/streamed on any WiFi, Data or internet connected device ... portable or stationary.
Customer comment: It was suggested by Jean H. that you can save the MP4 file to Dropbox, then go to your iPad, then to Dropbox ... the Video Download will then play on your iPad without internet connection. We have not tried this but if you are technology savvy, feel free to give it a try at your own risk. Otherwise, order the Streaming format and stream the video directly to your iPad.
For information on Online Streaming, visit Online Streaming
COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
What are Video Downloads (VDLs)? VDLs are the full video workshop delivered to your computer through the internet (MP4 file) ... they are to be saved to your computer for future viewing.
How do I order a Video Download (VDL)? Just add one or more to your CART and check out. After your credit card has been accepted you will receive a separate email with your video download link (sample of email below). Make sure you check you email ... if you do not find it in your inbox, check your Junk/Spam folder. Click on the link and the download will start. NOTE: Downloads can take some time to download (5-30 mins) depending on your internet speed and computer ... so please be patient and not download again. It still takes a lot less time than snail mail!
This is what our email reply will look like:
Date: Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 8:14 AM
Subject: Your Creative Catalyst Productions content
Thanks for your order.
to view your content.
Creative Catalyst Productions
Can I order more than one VDL at a time? YES. You will receive your links for all of the VDLs you ordered in a follow up email. You can order as many VLD's as you want in one order ... and, if you want to order a DVD, you can do that in the same order too. We do recommend not to download more than one VDL at a time ... it can possibly cause one or the other to error-out. We also recommend using Internet Explorer or Firefox to download the video ... we have had reports that other web browsers do not work as well.
Troubleshooting: What to try if you are unable to play your VDL.
- You must have high speed internet to download these large files. You can test your computer using speedtest.net. If your computer is below 10 Mbps it may take too long to download your file. We recommend buying a DVD instead. (Note: at 30 Mbps my download took 13 minutes)
- If you cannot find the download file try searching your hard drive by the name of the video. Often they are stored in a folder called "Downloads." If you still cannot find the file, it is possible it did not download completely
- The download file will end in ".mp4" and it should be a large file, about 1 - 3 GB. If the file is much smaller than this it did not download fully.
- Our download (mp4) will play with Quicktime, Windows Media player or VLC player ... we use VLC. One or more of these are usually installed on every computer. If not, you can download them for free. More mp4 information is HERE:
- If you can give us the exact error message you are getting when you contact us, that will be most helpful. You can send us a screenshot, copy paste, etc.
Order Instructions - Steps
You order a Video Download just like any other product in our store ... the only difference is you MUST have an account so that you can access your Video Download if needed later, especially if you lose or delete the email with the link or lose it on your computer.
Step 1: Add to Cart
Step 2: Go to your Shopping Cart
you will see a Digital Download and any other items you ordered in your cart.
Step 3: Click "Checkout"
Step 4: Enter your customer information and Continue to Payment Method
Step 5: Complete the Order
Step 6: You will receive a separate email with the video download link ... your order is now complete.
- or -
You can log into your account and access
Step 7: Please download the video once and allow it to download completely ... if you try downloading the video again before the first one completely download, it will most likely cancel both downloads and you will end up with neither downloads.
Also, your web browser can cause download issues ... we recommend Internet Explorer or Firefox. If you try to download with another browser and have trouble, switch to Internet Explorer or Firefox and try again.
These are large files and may take some time to download, depending on your internet speed and computer. www.speedtest.net
Where is your Video Download file?
Most computers automatically download these video files into the "downloads" folder ... or you can save to another folder of your choice in your computer. You will find your file there, unless you specifically downloaded the video into another folder.
Another way to find your file is to search your hard drive for the file extension: "mp4".
We are making these videos available as downloads for your personal use. We ask, respectfully, that you do not send copies to others who have not purchased their own copy. Proceeds from these videos go back to the artists and to Creative Catalyst so that we can continue offering quality art instruction videos to you.
Thank you, Creative Catalyst Productions