If you can only buy one course on drawing the human body I would challenge you to find a better one. This 15.5 hour video course teaches you more than you might get from weeks of live workshops.
This course is approachable enough for beginners and detailed enough for advanced artists. Stan Prokopenko teaches timeless concepts in an approachable entertaining way. He believes that when you are having fun, you learn better.
This premium video course includes many examples of each lesson and critique chapters. DVDs are uncensored.
- How to find the motion of the body through gesture
- How to simplify the torso to quickly find its position using ‘the bean‘ and ‘robo bean‘
- How to ‘mannequinize‘ the body into its simplest forms to find structure
- The landmarks on the bodythat we can use to measure and construct the forms
- The proportionsof an average and idealistic person
- How to properly measurea figure in any position and get it plotted accurately on your paper
- How to make the figure appear balanced
- How to exaggerateyour reference to make the drawing more interesting
- How to shade the drawingafter you have the linear drawing finished
- A complete figure drawing from lay in to shading
List of Lessons
- 1a: How to Draw Gesture
- 1b: How to Draw Gesture – Step by Step – 15 examples
- 1c: 30 second Gesture Quicksketch – 8 examples
- 1d: 2 minute Gesture Quicksketch – 18 examples
- 1e: Gesture Critiques with Marshall Vandruff
- 2a: How to Simplify the Motion of the Torso – The Bean
- 2b: Bean Examples – Tilt and Lean – 23 examples
- 2c: Bean Examples – Twisting – 22 Examples
- 2d: Bean Examples – Foreshortening – 13 examples
- 3a: Structure Basics – Making Things Look 3D
- 4a: Landmarks of the Body
- 4b: Landmarks Example 1 – Back
- 4c: Landmarks Example 2 – Front
- 4d: Landmarks Example 3 – Another Back
- 4e: Landmarks Example 4 – Extreme Scapula Position
- 5a: How to Draw Structure in the Body – Robo Bean
- 5b: Robo Bean Examples – Step by Step
- 6a: Mannequinization – Structure of the Human Body
- 6b: Mannequinization Examples
- 7a: Structure Basics Critiques
- 7b: The Bean Critiques
- 7c: Landmarks Critiques
- 7d: Robo Bean Critiques
- 7e: Mannequinization Critiques
- 8a: How to Draw Balanced Poses
- 9a: How to Draw Exaggerated Poses
- 9b: Exaggeration – Step by Step
- 10a: Human Proportions – Average Figure
- 10b: Human Proportions – Idealistic Figure
- 10c: Human Proportions – Cranial Units
- 11a: Measuring Techniques
- 11b: How to Practice and Check Your Measuring
- 11c: Drawing Yoni – Linear Lay in – Basic Shapes
- 12 Prerequisite: Supplies Overview
- 12 Prerequisite: How to Sharpen a Charcoal Pencil
- 12 Prerequisite: Shading Light and Form – Basics
- 12 Prerequisite: The Basic Elements – Shape, Value, Color, Edge
- 12a: How to Hold and Control Your Pencil
- 12b: Drawing Supplies I Use for Longer Drawings
- 12c: How to Shade a Drawing
- 13a: Yoni Figure Drawing Time lapse
- 13b: Linear Lay in – Basic Shapes Same as Measuring lesson
- 13c: Linear Lay in – Anatomical Forms
- 13d: Linear Lay in – Shadow Mapping
- 13e: Shading – General Tonal Composition
- 13f: Shading – Upper Body Details
- 13g: Shading – Legs Details
- 13h: Shading – Background Elements & Final Touches
What people are saying…
"This course of yours means more to me than I can say. It's THE solution to every challenge I've faced with learning to draw. Every frustration I've experienced with local in-person courses I've taken is resolved with your format. Every question answered, every confusion clarified. You've done a MAGNIFICENT job. All that, and you've made it FUN! So thank you thank you thank you!"
"Thank you so much for your amazing videos. Gosh, you are an amazing teacher. You pack so much information in such a bite-sized video, that too in such an entertaining way, it's fantastic. Clearly TONS of effort have gone into making the videos. "
March 18, 2016 - "So pleased to see CCP is now offering DVDs by Artist Proko. I own one of his DVDs which I had purchased from him directly. He is an amazing and talented artist with awesome teaching style. So articulate and entertaining. Proko has an animated skeleton tool which is beyond creative. The humor and entertainment style of teaching is beyond fabulous! I'm not surprised CCP is selling Proko DVDs. CCP brings the best to artists.
Long time customer,
About Stan Prokopenko
"I was born in Odessa, Ukraine and came to America at the age of six. At the age of 13, I pronounced myself as a lifelong student of art. Since then I have devoted my life to the arts.
During high school, I got an internship at Sony Online Entertainment to animate for the upcoming video game, Everquest II. I wrote an article on animation for Imagine Magazine at Johns Hopkins University and created a five minute animated short film, "A Game of Pool", which featured on all American Airlines flights in September through December of 2004.
In 2003, I began studying at the Watts Atelier of the Arts in Encinitas, California, where I got most of my arts training. After attending the Watts Atelier for many years, my focus shifted from animation to fine art painting. In 2007 I became a teacher at the Watts Atelier of the Arts and have taught drawing and painting classes on numerous topics such as portrait, figure, quick sketch, and plein air."
"When you watch my DVD lessons you'll notice that I try to make them entertaining while keeping them educational. I feel that if you're having fun and enjoying the learning process, you learn better. You retain more information, you pay more attention, you're much more likely to continue learning and more likely to go back and re-watch tutorials. And it will leave you more inspired and motivated to go practice."