Here’s just some of what you’ll gain from this video:
- Mike’s tricks to keep your paints fresh and ready while you paint!
- For best results, keep it simple — Mike shows you just what to do!
- Suffering with your blues? Here’s how to let the blues emerge from your paintings!
- Composition is NOT just for beginners … it’s the foundation for every artist!
- The ONE THING you shouldn’t buy when you paint with gouache … you’ll just be wasting money!
- New to gouache? Mike helps you maximize your progress step by step!
- Perform CPR on your paints so they’ll come back to life!
- Discover how to stylize your shapes — a technique most artists don’t know or use!
- When it’s good to be a control freak!
- Painting from a photo? Great … but you must know a few things!
- Don’t sabotage a potential winner by painting on the wrong surface!
- When (and how) to create spaces for your viewers to rest their eyes
- How to finesse and articulate (no magic, just method!)
- Use “Mike’s Mixing Mastery” techniques to easily create the colors you want
- Keep things fresh (here’s how!)
- Need a cure for landscapes that are underwhelming and flat? (Here’s your Rx!)
- These colors will help you make the best paintings (you gotta check this out!)
- Painting from life? You MUST consider these two things first!
- PLUS a whole lot more!
This video is packed with over 2.5 hours of laser-focused instruction from one of today’s top artists!
We all long to find the extraordinary beauty among the ordinary things we see every day … and then capture that in our paintings. This takes training our senses to go around and away from what is right in front of us — to see the things that not everybody else would see.
This is what allows you to accelerate the quality of your paintings and to develop your own look … your own signature style!
In Creating Drama with Light and Color, Mike leads you to that place … the place where you can anticipate how the scene you’re seeing can become an incredible, high-quality painting. He’ll lead you on the journey to take your landscapes from flat to fabulous!
As a production designer at DreamWorks Animation, Mike has an extensive background in theatrical lighting. You’ll be amazed at how Mike takes what he knows from that world and applies it to bring theatrical-style lighting into landscape paintings!
This Is for YOU!
Mike conducts a full start-to-finish painting demonstration in gouache. If you’re a fan of gouache or you’ve been wanting to try this sometimes mysterious medium, you’re going to absolutely love this video because Mike is a master at gouache. He’ll show you everything you need to know to start experimenting with gouache or to amplify your skills if you’re already a fan.
Not interested in gouache? No worries! Mike’s insights and tips for creating dramatic paintings will work for you, too!
Mike has been an instructor for years and knows how to teach and train for every skill level. So, regardless of where you are on your art journey, you’re getting just what you need to advance. This video is one you definitely want to add to your learning library. You’ll want to refer to it again and again so you can keep applying what Mike teaches to help you level up the quality of your paintings each time.
Mike has a fun and friendly personality as well as an easygoing teaching style. You’ll find it easy to learn from him and to apply all the techniques he presents.
Owning this video gives you a front row seat to a Mike Hernandez workshop any time you want. You don’t have to travel, there’s no pressure to finish at a certain time, and you can even wear your favorite sweatpants and nobody will know!