You'll love this video if:
- You want to learn how to paint water in the landscape
- You love watercolor painting and want to build your technique repertoire
- You enjoy step-by-step visual instruction that you can pause and play when you want
Soon Y. Warren is a full time artist and teacher. She has an Associate degree in commercial art from Thomas Nelson Community College in Hampton, Virginia. Appearing in several art publications, Soon Y. has had numerous exhibitions and earned numerous awards.
In this video, Soon shares very simple steps to create a complex image--colorful water movement complete with tree and sky reflections on the water. Artists will learn how to create the realistic sparkle, depth & reflections of water using simple watercolor techniques with help from Soon Y. Warren. Follow this expert's process for how to create rich and vibrant colors by layering colors, how to control the water and colors, and use of tools.
- Step-by-step instruction to achieve a finished painting
- Watercolor lessons on brushwork, layering, glazing, wet into wet, negative painting, masking and more!
Tool & Materials
Subject & Drawing
Apply Masking Fluid
Butcher paper (deli wrap)
Paints (variety of colors)
Brushes (variety of sizes)
Acrylic Glazing Liquid
Acrylic Ground for Pastels
Acrylic Mediums & Gels (matte and gloss)
Acrylic Texture Products (molding paste, fiber paste, etc.)
Pencils (graphite, colored and pastel pencils)
Plexiglas printing plates
Screen printing material
Texture tools (cardboard, bubble wrap, screen, stamps. stencils, etc.)
Interview with Soon Y. Warren